Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I want to build a "sniper robot"

On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:29:46 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:38:03 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" on Fri, 27 Dec 2013 15:59:06
On Thursday, December 26, 2013 6:53:20 PM UTC-5, Ignoramus12003
On 2013-12-26, Jim Wilkins wrote:
Hitting the target with a laser pointer would require solving
most of
the recognition and acquisition problems.

This is an excellent point!

To make it a little harder, how about having several sound
sensors
and have it direct a laser at a flying mosquito.

I wanted to do something like that as a "bug zapper"

Well, you could work on your Weirding Technique until Muad'Dib was
proud of you, Pete. That'll teach those bugs to come into your
home.

Speaking of which, I saw a fat, gray, furry body hasten through my
kitchen this morning when I woke up. 5 minutes later, there were 4
mousetraps set. Hope I don't step on one with my bare feet. The
killer in me is waiting expectantly to hear a loud SNAP quite soon.

http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ757627

I don't -even- want to know what a pair of steel-toed bunny slippers
would cost me...

--
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles,
it takes away today's peace. --Lifehack