Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_4_] Snag[_4_] is offline

Default changed to : polishing compounds

wrote:

Which reminds me. Does anyone know what places that do granite
counter tops use for polishing? They must buy it in quantity and
might resell some. I have several thing that could use a little
polishing. Plastic headlight lenses for one.

Dan

Dan , I have had good results using 3M Finesse-It polishing compound . I
use it to final polish clearcoat on paint jobs , and it'll put a polish on
that you can fall into and drown ... And I'm pretty sure it'll do the same
to plastic lenses . I got mine at the automotive paint store , but I'm
pretty sure I've also seen it on the auto parts stores . Use a terry buff
with foam backer plate , and don't dwell too long in one spot .
--
Snag

---