Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Storm power outages

On 28/12/2013 10:11, Tim Streater wrote:
3) Coupla boxes of candles

4) For those without gas, alternative cooking method, such as a small
campingaz portable cooker.

I have a "big" USB battery - enough oomph to recharge my phone several
times. Has built-in torch which (it claims) can run for over 600 hours.
Obviously cannot do both! But prefer that as a basic form of light to
candles with the dangers they represent.

Although we have gas, we have an electric cooker. Shame there is no way
of inexpensively and temporarily connecting a ring or two to allow cooking.

--
Rod