Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Storm power outages

I don't think people ar thick. Its more to do with the expectation that the
state will provide. Its Health and safety and the success of the hype of
how advanced we are. In the end, its up to us as has been said. What often
frustrates me is that I am only not prepared due to a lack of suitable stuff
blind folk can operate etc, I do try to think of the what if xxx but am
frustrated by the one size fits all commercial world.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 22:37:01 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

I know that anyone here might find it astonishing, but a good
proportion of the population don't follow news or have much idea about
anything.

Not astonished at all, most of the population *are* as thick as two
short planks. But then dinner table conversation here tends to be on
subjects such as particle physics, faster than light travel theory,
cell biology, current space exploration, etc etc

We are apparently notorious for being unprepared for anything,

which is
odd considering we can have all four seasons in a day here.

That is the problem, the planks haven't put any thought at all in how
to cope with a simple power cut. So they just panic and blame
everyone else for *their* failure to prepare.

--
Cheers
Dave.