Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Storm power outages

On 27/12/2013 23:53, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 22:37:01 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

I know that anyone here might find it astonishing, but a good
proportion of the population don't follow news or have much idea about
anything.

Not astonished at all, most of the population *are* as thick as two
short planks. But then dinner table conversation here tends to be on
subjects such as particle physics, faster than light travel theory,
cell biology, current space exploration, etc etc

.. . . deftly weaving in the epistemological concerns of structuration
theory (and others!) as the small hours approach . . .

We are apparently notorious for being unprepared for anything,

which is
odd considering we can have all four seasons in a day here.

That is the problem, the planks haven't put any thought at all in how
to cope with a simple power cut. So they just panic and blame
everyone else for *their* failure to prepare.

.. . . leading to the explanation of all things!!

Oh how the winter's evenings must fly by.

--
Cheers, Rob