Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_5_] Tim Wescott[_5_] is offline

Default I want to build a "sniper robot"

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:52:09 -0600, Ignoramus12003 wrote:

I would like to build a sniper robot. This would be a robotic machine,
with aa gun, cameras,and a computer inside, that would shoot at targets.

It would be based on a stationary platform, meaning that there is no
requirement that this robot moves about. Its only job would be, upon
command, to aim and shoot at targets. I hope that eventually it could
aim and shoot at moving targets,but for the beginning, they will be
stationary.

To be safe, and for ease of development, it will shoot non-lethal
bullets like airsoft bullets or some such. Since it does not need to
move,I want it to be powered by 110 volts and, if necessary, compressed
air. The platform would be leveled with some precision using adjustable
feet. (this will aid in computing trajectory).

Acquisition of targets, and calculation of distance and relative
location of the target, would be done with two cameras providing
stereoscopic effect, like human eyes.

What I am hoping is that I can build a robot that would, say,be able to
shoot dozens of randomly placed dominoes with astonishing speed.

My main qustion is, for now, the following: what kind of airsoft gun can
I buy that would be able to shoot without human assistance (no slide
racking), and preferably be powered with compressed air, and be
relatively consistent, such as 10 MOA or so. I think that I saw one at
rip-off fairs and festivals.

Iggy! It's not worth it! Just build a better fence around your
warehouse!

Disposing of bodies is _always_ harder than you think it'll be.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services