Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I want to build a "sniper robot"

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 01:40:10 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 22:18:10 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 16:52:09 -0600, Ignoramus12003
wrote:

I would like to build a sniper robot. This would be a robotic machine,
with aa gun, cameras,and a computer inside, that would shoot at
targets.

Gonna use a full-auto AK? g

With a 30d mag..that doesnt go very far. Now..an American 180...or a
minigun with a good supply of ammo...that would be the ticket for
keeping those pesky door to door bible thumpers off your sidewalk....

I had the 90rd drum at the Machine Gun Meet that time. Man, those go
through rounds like crazy. I had it on semi until I got the feel,
then let loose on a van. My burst looked like a heartbeat pulse and
the long slow curve into a straight line as I raked the van side. The
owner liked it. Those are fun guns. It cost me $25 to do that, so
feeding one would be very expensive. A mini gun would be even worse,
using up one annual paycheck per day of use, I reckon. Pass!

I'm still holding out for a nice, quiet, vaporizing laser. It would:

A) Keep thumpers from getting to the door.
and
B) Remove any of that pesky "evidence" stuff.
and
C) Eliminate local dogs who **** on the lawn/cats who pee on my porch.
and
D) Be lots of fun to watch (for very brief, smoky periods.)

I'd use a swamp cooler housing with a small motor to raise the case
enough to shoot under. That won't look too strange on the roof. Now,
where can I find a nice 50kv laser for a Benjy or less...?

I wonder if you could modify to your needs, one of the OpenSource
kits that are out there.

Googlit "robotic target acquisition kit"

--
Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles,
it takes away today's peace. --Lifehack