Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trommel working

"SteveB" wrote in message
I got the trommel working today, using an intermediary gear reduction
unit. I am going to exchange one of the pulleys tomorrow so as to
get a few more rpm, but it's working nicely, even if it is held
together temporarily with vise grips and bubblegum. Tomorrow, I'll
start welding it out, and take some pictures of the whole thing. I
am satisfied with the trommel, but not its performance. It takes too
long to take the husks off, maybe changing the pulley tomorrow will
improve it. Pecan handling and processing is turning into a lot of
work.

Steve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/310417165035?lpid=82