Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removing Freely Rotating Swaged Steel Pin

On 2013-12-27, Pete C. wrote:

Doug White wrote:

The collegiate pistol team I help coach has two Russian target air
The only way I can think of to physically hang onto the pin is to make
an expanding collet that goes into the drilled out pocket on the far end
of the pin. That is going to be tenuous at best, and it's a lot of work
to fabricate for a high likelihood of failure.

[ ... ]

Before I drag out the Dremel, does anyone have any better sugestions?

[ ... ]

How about setting up so the opposite side is pressed against a
multi-flute countersink to act to stop the pin from turning?

I see that I should have read ahead instead of just posting.
The only thing that this doesn't have which I suggested is the starting
with a smaller bit, and increasing sizes in steps of equal added hole
area to keep the torque applied to the countersink about the same.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail