Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_15_] SteveB[_15_] is offline

Default Trommel working

On 12/26/2013 5:46 PM, Pete C. wrote:

SteveB wrote:

I got the trommel working today, using an intermediary gear reduction
unit. I am going to exchange one of the pulleys tomorrow so as to get a
few more rpm, but it's working nicely, even if it is held together
temporarily with vise grips and bubblegum. Tomorrow, I'll start welding
it out, and take some pictures of the whole thing. I am satisfied with
the trommel, but not its performance. It takes too long to take the
husks off, maybe changing the pulley tomorrow will improve it. Pecan
handling and processing is turning into a lot of work.

Steve

Post pics somewhere, I have several pecan trees here and on a good year
without trying I easily collect 35# (unshelled).

That's barely two five gallon buckets full. I just bought 285# from a
guy the other day. Gonna work on a simple separator tomorrow.

Steve