Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Time Will Tell

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 19:44:17 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:24:34 -0600, Markem
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:48:58 -0500,
wrote:

Since Rangers are no longer made (2011 was the last year, IIRC), I
bought an F150 this time. I like it a lot! The price they were
asking for Rangers was outrageous. $22K for a 2010 with 20K miles or
$18K for an '11 with 50K. I paid $25K for a new '13 F150 XLT.

The Ranger is still made, just not sold or made in the US, they did
that to get rid of the glut of F150's.

I thought they did it because there was little difference in cost (and
price) so there was no longer a market. If it was because of a
"glut", it would have been temporary.

From the article I read back in 2011, it was because the F150s were
not selling as they had hoped. All the investment in the new design
was being eaten away because they were competing with themselves with
the Ranger in the US. The profit margin on the F150s was also higher,
so may favorite truck is not available no more here. But if you have
enough money you could ship one from down under, the cost however
would buy you two F150s I think.

Mark

Mark