Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default O/T: Time Will Tell

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:39:01 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:49:51 -0500, Bill
wrote:

I thought it was interesting (strange) when Buick dropped virtually all
of their old models, to introduce new ones ( LaCrosse, etc.). I think
Regal is the only one they kept (but I could be mistaken). I've almost
owned one of each.

Marketing. According to the dealer when I bought my last Buick, the
average age of Buick owners at the time was 65+. Twentysomethings
don't buy Roadmasters, Park Avenue, or LeSabre.

I bought a Skylark when I was 24 or so, but to be honest, that engine in
that car didn't age well. Then GM dropped that model from their lineup
because they couldn't make enough money on it. I don't disagree with
what you say though. I may be more the exception than the rule when it
comes to what I have been looking for in a car (comfortable, reliable,
and affordable).

Skylark was of a family that was geared to the younger buyer. They
also had the Grand National series some years back. Afterward though,
most models resorted to fogeydom. I was 46 when I bought a '91 Regal,
a nice looking car, but moved to a LeSabre when I was older.