Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default Straightforward out-of-the-box solution for extending WiFirange

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 10:27:49 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

You have to manually disconnect from the first access
point, before the client radio will try to find a
better connection.

This is interesting.

I haven't set this up at my own home, so, I'm only
going off what the neighbors are saying, so, we'll
keep this caveat in mind.

However ... just guessing ... it would seem to me
that, if we use the same SSID, that the STRONGEST
should win, and, if one disconnects, it *should*
(logically anyway) switch seamlessly over to the
stronger signal as the person roams the home.

I'll need more data from the neighbors to confirm
or discount that theory though ...