Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default Straightforward out-of-the-box solution for extending WiFirange

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 10:27:49 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

There's nothing wrong with using the same SSID on multiple access
points. It's a good idea to have put each AP on a different RF
channel, so that they don't interfere with each other.

Hi Jeff,
That's what we did. We used ch 1 & 6 so as not to overlap.

I'm really starting to like these access points, although,
the "controller" software is a pain.

For example, we tried to set up a second access point at
another site, and the first access point setup kept getting
in the way.

Had we known, we would have just wiped out the controller
software on our PC, before starting.

If they just put a web server on these Unify access points,
it would make it easier for the consumer. But, other than
the lousy controller software setup (which, in effect, is
merely a login shell for the access point), these Ubiquiti
Unify long-range access points are nice for consumer use.