Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Oddest story of the year. Mine's odder

A couple of weeks ago I had a table at a local gun show. On our rifle
rack, I had an 8mm Egyptian contract FN49. A gentleman was looking at it
so I asked him if he had any questions. He replied that he had had one a
long while ago, but he sold it and later regretted doing so.

Then he looked at me and said he had sold it to me.

I asked if he had sold it in a Menard's parking lot near Barker Road
about 20 years ago.

He had.

I had paid $300 for it and thought it was worth it. Later, I found a
better one and sold the first for $400 to my friend Shawn, who was also
at the table.

Shawn piped up that he had brought it to the show to sell.

So the gentleman bought back the rifle for $475 (currently a VERY good
price) he had regretted selling so long ago.

David