Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default O/T: Time Will Tell

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 13:49:51 -0500, Bill
wrote:

I thought it was interesting (strange) when Buick dropped virtually all
of their old models, to introduce new ones ( LaCrosse, etc.). I think
Regal is the only one they kept (but I could be mistaken). I've almost
owned one of each.

Marketing. According to the dealer when I bought my last Buick, the
average age of Buick owners at the time was 65+. Twentysomethings
don't buy Roadmasters, Park Avenue, or LeSabre. They wanted names
that would possibly attract the younger crowd.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...than-norm.html
The new products have helped to change Buick’s demographics. In 2006,
Buick buyers on average had celebrated 66 birthdays. Last year the
number was 57, the company said. The Verano helped, because small cars
tend to draw younger buyers. But Buick buyers are still older than the
norm, and the automaker would like to catch more people in their 40s.
The average car buyer in the U.S. is 52, says the auto-pricing site
TrueCar.com.