Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default O/T: Time Will Tell

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 03:56:25 -0600, Leon wrote:

Our latest Toyota vehicle that my wife drives has about 15,000 miles
on it and is 16 months old. We have yet to have any warranty work
performed on it.
That's not surprising. I'm sure there is even a Chrysler, out there
somewhere, that's a couple of years old that hasn't had warranty work
done on it.

I agree. I do not consider 15,000 miles or 16 months of age to be any sort
of endorsment of anything. Might just as well say "I just picked up my new
car today, and I haven't had a single problem yet..."

LOL (best joke of the day, so far!)

Actually if you were the service manager of an American car builder saying
a 1 day old car not having a problem is not the usual. You would be
surprised how much warranty work gets done before delivery if you have a
good make ready department. A so so make ready department and the
customer gets to bring it back in...