Posted to rec.woodworking
Sea Blues[_2_] Sea Blues[_2_] is offline

Default Mods to K body type blocks

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:46:33 -0500, woodchucker wrote:

On 12/22/2013 5:36 PM, Sea Blues wrote:
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:23:04 -0500, woodchucker wrote:

I bought 2 sets of k blocks from woodcraft... but they were not Bessey's
they were woodcraft brand.. one set came with clamps (bessey clamps
branded woodcraft) the other set I bought so I could do more than one
set of doors, or drawers at a time.

They were useless as they were not like the k blocks...
Well, I was really annoyed, and finally I thought about it.. I've had
them years and haven't used them much because of the problem.

I just cut them down to look more like the bessey's on one side..
See this link you'll notice the clamps did not come close to each other.
Now they do... if you were dumb enough (like me) to buy these... this
simple mod makes them useful.. you only need to cut one side to make
them useful.

if you cut a second perpendicular side, you would make them useless.

See: http://imgur.com/a/wLzRs#0

Very nicely done.

Looked at you pictures saw a vacuum attachment for you band saw, how did
that work out for your?

Works great.. I get a full 2 1/4 inch port.. so most of the dust is
pulled in.. not all, but most. Way better than stock.

I had tried at the bottom of the guard cover, but that didn't work well.
So I went back to this.. I was greedy and looking for close to 100%
I think what I have is as good as it gets with a 2 1/4 system.

Thanks! It looked too much like common sense, if you know what I mean.
I'm going to be giving it a shot.