Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Valve to fill additional compressed air tank

Gunner Asch on Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:55:06 -0800

Its commonly called the "air end" of the compressor..given the huge
amount of other **** attached to the unit. Oil strippers and whatnot.

That air is screwed (G) into the pressure end (Grin) while everything
is running in an oil mist..and then the oil is stripped out by
centrifical force in a stripper that leaves the air pretty much clean.

You also answered my next question, thanks. I'll move on and see if
you answered my RPM question, too.

Which is why screw compressor oil is a special synthetic and costs
about $80 a gallon. (though I get it for $40)

Ouch!

Ayup..dat **** aint cheap, homey!!

Ain't it the truth - if something is labled "Marine" "aviation" or
some other indication of Specialty, it costs twice as much just to
look it up.
--
pyotr filipivich