Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Mods to K body type blocks

On 12/22/2013 1:23 PM, woodchucker wrote:
I bought 2 sets of k blocks from woodcraft... but they were not Bessey's
they were woodcraft brand.. one set came with clamps (bessey clamps
branded woodcraft) the other set I bought so I could do more than one
set of doors, or drawers at a time.

They were useless as they were not like the k blocks...
Well, I was really annoyed, and finally I thought about it.. I've had
them years and haven't used them much because of the problem.

I just cut them down to look more like the bessey's on one side..
See this link you'll notice the clamps did not come close to each other.
Now they do... if you were dumb enough (like me) to buy these... this
simple mod makes them useful.. you only need to cut one side to make
them useful.

if you cut a second perpendicular side, you would make them useless.

See: http://imgur.com/a/wLzRs#0

I absolutely never saw the point to having the blocks.

I build lots of drawers, 2011 I build 100 drawers.

Anyway just set one pare on your work bench and set your drawer pieces
on top. Then put your other pair of clamps on top of the drawer,
clocked 90 degrees and pointed down. Problem solved.

Now if I pin the corners while all four clamps are in place I can take
the top clamps off and only use the bottom two clamps for holding things
together while the glue dries.

And BTW your are not dumb, you did not have enough information to make
an educated purchase.