Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DOW continues to soar..Thank you POTUS.

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 22:02:19 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 21:42:11 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 19:24:44 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:57:32 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:34:14 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:42:51 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:41:04 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:
I'll have to bring something home from Gunner's one of these years.
Something small and light enough to fit in my Tundra.

Might need to rent a u-haul

Nah, I don't have the space for an entire bed full of goodies like I
did last time, PLUS a trailer full.

Im in the process of starting to do a real clean up/out of the back
40.

Anybody see anything they want..let me know...

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602

Some of this stuff is from years back. What's still available?

If its not marked sold..its still here. Unfortunately.

A couple of the bridesmaids didn't look half bad. How much? bseg

They arent for sale. However its possible I can rent them out.

(G)

Perhaps a list would help you sell the items which are actually for
sale, or maybe you could put them in a separate For Sale gallery, huh?
You have -hundreds- of photos there.

What..from your end they arent labeled?

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...l192013ForSale

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...esForSale21213

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...602/NewForSale

etc etc

OK, now I see a couple of them, but I didn't the first time.

Did you ever find satisfaction with the uckerfay who stole the
paddleboard?

Not yet. He appears to have disappeared.

OK, I won't say it. vbg

Ahum...no idea where he will finally wash up. Shrug

That's what I thought. g

How loud/quiet are those IR screw compressors? (just curious)

They are about 80db but at a tone level that is not at all irritating.

They sit in an enclosed room added to the shop simply humming along.

One can have a reasonable conversation while standing next to them
while both are running.

How big were the rotors in that one you rebuilt? They looked about
4x12", like a supercharger on a vehicle. Ten horse to run that?
They're not real efficient, are they? Or is my size estimate way off?

The one pictured is about 3" in diameter and about 12" long. And
yep..they do require a full 10 hp to push out a ****load of air at
150psi. Ive never been able to get the tank gauge to deflect the
slightest amount..not even when I opened a 3/4" valve and let it blow.

Cool.

Im sure at some time it would start running out of air..but..there is
a reason that sandblasters and massed spray booths use screw
compressors.

Yeah, we had a 15hp, 440v, 110gal v-twin at Flynn's Frame and
Collision back in the day. It ran a lot. Screws might have been more
efficient after all.

Oh..the (2) big compressors use about 4" rotor..about 14" long.
Rather amazing how small they are and how much air they push.

What RPM do they spin?

They turn from about 1000 rpm to about 4500..depending on brand, type
and whatnot. Some of the ultra high power/expensive *******s turn at
40,000 plus..but we wont see them in machine shops.

Gunner

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---