Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Straightforward out-of-the-box solution for extending WiFi range

Danny D'Amico wrote:
On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 08:00:33 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

You mean you turned the radio off? SSID can be hidden or broadcast.
I never heard turning off SSID
Unify is pretty new models. Another DIY source is Mikrotek which may
cost less.

We used the Unify $100 6 Watt (yes, 6 Watt!) access point (they call it
Long Range). It gave 5 bars to all the Apple equipment for the first time
ever, in that house, anywhere they wanted it.

Turned out, we moved it, soHow, now they changed the router setup to have
both the SSID from the router being the same as the SSID from the access
point.

That the access point overpowers the signal of the router (which is on
a different non-overlapping channel) doesn't seem to adversely affect
them.

Hi,
Do you use inSSIDer pro version or even free version? I think having
same SSID is not good. Won't it create confusion when connecting?