Slowhand

Default Shop made veneer

"John Moorhead" wrote in message
om...
Folks -

Well, I've only made bits and pcs of "shop" veneer before, but needed a
fair amount to cover the plainsawn sides of quartersawn white oak legs, 24
pcs total.

I have a *gasp* Harbor Freight 1 1/2 hp 14 bandsaw w/riser. I was using a
twolf 3/4" blade and tho' the cutting was slow, I was pleasantly surprised
at how evenly the saw cut. I was getting a fair amount of vibration, but
didn't suffer any blowout - and cut the pcs just shy of 1/16"...

I saw my own veneer on some projects and am completely and utterly happy
getting them down to 1/16". My drum sander won't take them any thinnner
than that anyway. If I need thinner, I just buy it.
SH