Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DOW continues to soar..Thank you POTUS.

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 09:05:32 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:15:21 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I'll have to bring something home from Gunner's one of these
years.
Something small and light enough to fit in my Tundra.

That will make it easier to get rid of when you find that it's too
small. The one I showed you is an example of an adequate size for a
home hobby/repair shop, but not so big or heavy that it needs a
level
concrete floor.

Are you saying that the revered HF mini is inadequate? -= Heavens!
=-

What does the SB heavy 10 weigh?

It varies with the cabinet, bed length, etc. Googling suggests they
weigh somewhat less than half a ton.

The Heavy 10 gives you 5C collets and odd thread pitches like 27 TPI.
There are other good choices in that size range that may sell for
less.
jsw

Also look for a Logan 11. Same 5C collets, quick change gear box,
still reasonably good support, parts are common.

It will weigh about 900 lbs in a full cabinet.

Gunner

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---