Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Beloved Leader Beloved Leader is offline

Default BlackBerry charger doesn't charge Motorola V3xx Razr

On Friday, December 20, 2013 4:05:11 PM UTC-5, Beloved Leader wrote:
I can't make out the model number of the wall wart due to the small size of the type. I can come up with that later.

Thanks for the answers.

I managed to make out the model number of the BlackBerry wall wart. It is PSM05R-050CHW (R) P {though I think the (R) and P are not part of the model number.} The RIM part number is ASY-07559-001. It is able to source 500 mA at 5V.

Hmm: someone's trying to sell one at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-BlackB.../dp/B0050G3AO2

And here too:

http://esparestore.com/goods-122-PSM...Cellphone.html

They call it a charger. I guess it has enough output for the models of BlackBerry devices listed, but not enough to charge the V3xx Razr. Either that, or I wouldn't have to solder pins 1 and 4 for the device to charge one of the specified BlackBerrys, as one respondent said would make it charge the Razr.

I left the Razr at home, but a search shows that it uses a BZ60 battery, said by at least one seller to be good for 900mAh.

Thank you again.