Posted to alt.internet.wireless,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default Straightforward out-of-the-box solution for extending WiFirange

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 06:25:36 -0800, Amanda Riphnykhazova wrote:

Can the same effect be achieved by turning the metal handle of
a tea strainer inside the dish part and pointing that at the
WiFi source (if you can figure out where it is)?

I'm not sure I understand.
I'm not using the 15dBi dish.
I'm just using the 23dBm feedhorn and it's integrated 3dBi antenna.

I connect just the feed horn to the laptop Ethernet port and turn
off the laptop's internal WiFi card.

The feedhorn has no problem pointing at the access point, as I
described in another post, because the feedhorn is designed,
from the start, to be easily aligned to an antenna that is
20 miles way.

So, aligning the feedhorn to an access point inside a coffee
shop that is only, say, a half mile away, is trivial.