Elwood Dowd

Default make your own plywood?

Use contact cement to attach, and pay close attention to the edges, and
you won't go wrong. Read up on contact cement before using it.

bob wrote:
I need some white mahogany plywood for the back of a cabinet I'm building
out of white mahogany. Well, you can't buy WM plywood. So, what if I resaw
and plane some stock down to 1/8", then glue it on to a 1/8" luaun plywood?
Will that work? Any problems with separation? How should I go about
glueing it down on that thin stock? Can't clamp it very easily.

I've heard of this being done, but I've never attempted it, until now. My
back needs to be 44 inches long, so gluing up a solid panel of thin stock
would be difficult.

Thanks.