Larry Jaques

Default glued on mirror help

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:28:51 GMT, "James Dean"
calmly ranted:

I was wondering if anyone has run into having to take off a large bathroom
glued on mirror.

I'm getting ready to put some bead board in my bathroom but can't figure out
how to remove the mirror from the wall without breaking the mirror or
cutting out the drywall with it.

The builder just went thru and either caulked (I hope) or glued them to the
wall.

If anyone's successfully done this I'd love to hear from ya.

I've seen them removed with piano wire or guitar string.
Wrap the ends around dowels and pull it between the mirror
and wall like a cheese cutter.

You probably won't be able to save the mirror, but it is
a faint possibility. If he used construction adhesive instead
of caulk, you probably won't be able to do that and may end
up breaking out the mirror and replacing drywall.

G'luck!

- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals -
http://diversify.com Web App & Database Programming