Andrew Gabriel

Default plumes from Vaillant 622/2E System boiler

In article ,
(Peter) writes:
Hello,

I am having a Vaillant 622/2E System boiler installed in my house
for central heating and hot water.

Because of the way our house sits on a hill any plume from the flue
outlet would be comming out just to the left and below the main
house door entrance and also quite near a hall window.
i.e. any plume would be very visible.

Can anyone tell me how much plume I should expect to see ?

I think it might depend on the boiler and flue. My Keston
doesn't produce anywhere near as much as I thought it might,
actually, probably not a lot more than next door's conventional
boiler.

In cold weather would I expect to see a plume all day, or

All day, when boiler is firing.

just when the boiler is starting in the morning ?

Mine doesn't plume when it starts up -- I think when the heat
exchanger is cold, all the condensate it trapped before leaving
the flue.

Would there be a plume in summer ?

Don't know -- only run mine in Winter (it doesn't do the hot
water).

--
Andrew Gabriel