Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Boys metal project

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:35:49 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:
On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:25:28 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 06:36:25 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:

The boy is 34 now...and he has a son about the same age....so perhaps
HE is going to get a drum set....and HE has ADHD.....
(evil grin)........

Don't you have any spare freon powered air horns?

actually..I do..but have you priced freon for them recently??? I did
today..its $18 freaking dollars for a can!!

My shopping list is a pair of Grover Organtones, and a nice 1/3 or1/2
HP compressor - the Thomas TA-3101DC or TA-4101DC Something I can use
a rattle-gun with, short of putting the full on 13-HP 30-gallon in the
bed.

I have to crawl under the truck to see how much receiver I have room
for under the bed - I can probably get a 12-gallon under there.

I was at harbor Freight, and it was cheaper than that. Sam's club
had a decent price on a case of cans, but I doubt it would take more
than half a can to make your point. ;-)

The reason I was looking is the A/C on my truck quit and needs
recharged. I have everything I need, BUT enough R134 so I was checking
the prices.

I happen to have a 30lb tank of R134..unopened...G And no..Im not
going to send it to you.

R-134 is cheap enough that you should be able to buy a full bottle.
Shop by price - the only difference between the "Automotive" and
"Refrigeration" is the fitting on the bottle, and that might trip you
up if you didn't expect it.

"Automotive" tanks have the Acme buttress fitting, and "Refrigeration"
has the standard 1/4" Flare hose fitting. Adapters in both directions
are readily available for cheap.