Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Blade guard

On 12/18/2013 5:38 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 12/18/2013 10:48 AM, Bill wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

There is some inspiration to be gleaned from the one of this page of
Grizzly's catalog (bottom of page):
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2013/Main/13
Dust hose attaches in the wrong place. To do any good at all, the dust
hose needs to attach at
the *front* of the blade guard, not the rear.

That makes sense now. How could they have got that wrong (just
rhetorical question)?
Thanks Doug.

Bill

Well It may not be wrong, SawStop claims extreme efficiency with their
guard and the hose is at the rear. It all depends on the turbulence
and flow inside the guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEi_lWGeLs

Someone posted in the comments section of that video, that the person in
the video is "standing on the wrong side of the fence". What do you think?

Well he is out of the line of kick back if that happened. I say stand
out of direct line and where you feel most comfortable with maintaining
control. I am typically on the left side of the blade.