Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Blade guard

On 12/18/2013 8:21 PM, Bill wrote:

Thank you Swingman! But "ken"? I need a dictionary to read your posts!
But hey, you tried to put one past me with "commentard" : ) But like
Gramps says, I grok'ed it!
So much ww-lingo to learn!

LOL. "d'ye ken?", AKA Scots for: "Do you know?".

Heard the word daily from a good friend, a London Bobby, many years (50)
ago, and it stuck.

From Scotland, I could understand him perfectly until we crossed the
border at Gretna Green to visit his parents in Carluke, a small village
outside of Glasgow, then it might as well have been Gaelic he was
speaking to the locals, when we begged water to fill up the Morris
Minor's radiator, which leaked like a sieve.

Sir Walter Scott, a good read, and user of the word, also ...

I digress.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net