Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Blade guard

I finally finished the article. I really enjoy reading articles like
that one. Here are a few comments:

--The hood having a solid wood front obscures vision too much. It's also
a little too narrow (for my tolerances/comfort zone); he may have built
one before.

--He's got a 1 1/2" diameter conduit beam being supported by just one
mast (bolted to the far right end of his saw).

It bothers me to have that beam hanging... Something is going to
crack, break or sag. I would use 2 masts (some commercial systems use
"nested masts"). In fact, if I had them handy, I might two lamp bases
with a length of EMT between them? Think of the possible lighting! ; )

Yes, we're having fun. I wonder what a Festool Blade Guard would look
like? I guess it would be green. But that's no advantage over having a
solid wood front!

Cheers,
Bill