Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Doug Miller wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Doug Miller wrote:

...snip...

Look at the details, specifically:
-- "... in which natural gas was the type of material first ignited", a
category which clearly
includes fires that occur while cooking on a gas stove
-- "Leading equipment involved: Stove"
-- "Leading area of origin: Kitchen"

Why did you leave off the last line?

-- leading factor contributing to ignition: Leak or Break

Leak includes a burner that's not burning.

All of which leads to the obvious conclusion that the problem is
careless cooking, not the
fuel used for doing so.

Obvious, that is, to anyone who doesn't have an a priori bias and an axe to grind.

As well all
know, most gas incidents start with a leak

Bull**** again. As CLEARLY indicated in the document that YOU cited, most residential

gas-
related fires started as cooking fires, not leaks. That document doesn't
say anything at all
about leaks.

Which document are you reading? The one I am looking at specifically says
"Leading factor contributing to ignition: leak or break"

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/re...sfactsheet.pdf

...snip...

That doesn't explain why you said "That document doesn't say anything at
all about leaks." For both LP and nat gas it says the leading contributing
factor was leaks and breaks.

I'm not pushing back (or forth) on the safety of gas, I'm simply trying to
determine if we are looking at the same document because I'm seeing
statements in the doc that I'm reading that don't coincide with what you
are saying.