Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Doug Miller wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in
:

Doug Miller wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote in
:

On 12/17/2013 11:24 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Have you looked at the actual stats? I believe NFPA has some
good ones showing 4,000+ residential gas explosions per
year.

I'd sure like to see a URL. I did a search, including NFPA
web site, and can't find that stat.

You can't find something that isn't there....

Try again:

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/re...heets/gasfacts
heet.pdf

*You* try again.

Where does that say "4000+ residential gas explosions per year",
Pete? Nowhere.

Because that claim is bull****. That document shows 3380 *fires*
(not explosions) in a *five year* period. Not 4000 explosions. Not
per year.

Like I said: you can't something that isn't there.

Are you a personal injury lawyer, by any chance?

They don't differentiate fires with or without explosions. As well all
know, most gas incidents start with a leak and it takes some time before
the gas finds an ignition source, so it is quite reasonable to presume
that most of those incidents included an explosion of some size.