Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default Straightforward out-of-the-box solution for extending WiFi range

I am not accusing you of working for Ubiquiti but you cite laptop use which implies mobility: Can this setup actually be used ad hoc in some public space to extend range? Or does it depend on careful setting up, positioning stability (surely the antenna can't move?) and directionality when in use!! I have WiFI Analyser installed on my mobile phone but didn't think there was any app short of about $5000 which can tell you where to point the dish?

Is all you are doing analogous to using a larger ear (a whole dish) to hear more?

Can the same effect be achieved by turning the metal handle of a tea strainer inside the dish part and pointing that at the WiFi source (if you can figure out where it is)?