Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On 12/17/2013 8:52 AM, dpb wrote:
On 12/17/2013 8:41 AM, Pete C. wrote: ...

... Gas simply isn't safe for residential use, ...

Nonsense. It does require a certain level of care, however, but so
does electricity and any other energy source. Consider the number of
residences and miles of pipeline that _didn't_ "go boom".

All of the incidents you describe were the result of an error of
commission or omission -- lack of maintenance is certainly a problem
that needs addressing on older lines, that is true.

5 children and 3 adults have been injured and are hospitalized. 1 woman
was found dead in the rubble. I feel for the poor folks especially the
children. I don't like it when children are hurt. o_O

Bad things sometimes happen to good (or at least innocent in the present
circumstances) people....then again a 13 yo died (or is braindead altho
still on ventilator last I heard) after a "routine" tonsillectomy in LA
area just the other day.

While unfortunate, do we now not do any more tonsillectomies?