Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default That's it. No more fluorescent bulbs.

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:37:45 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:08:00 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/lky5ozr choose color 110v $$$ but under your limit
AHA! 4-footers, love their warning about "ballets" US seller.
These would be direct replacement after bypassing the ballast.
$32 ($25 apiece in case lot of 100)

That looks promising, I ordered one to test.

I didn't like the 18W figure at all, so let us know how bright they
are. I may go for some of the 2-footers @ $1.75 each.

18W consumption for an LED puts the "incandescent equivalent" at around
50W, so a "fluorescent equivalent" of 32W (same as the T8) or better is
reasonable.

Like I said, please let me know how it turns out in the real world.
I'm skeptical but hopeful.

Yep, I should have a report in a couple weeks. Shipping will probably be
a bit slow with the combination of holiday and weather even though it's
not coming that far.