Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 14:40:58 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 12:40:30 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

When my sister and her boyfriend lived in a house, we
discussed run a second Tstat wire. The guy next door had
the stat, and he'd turn it way down before going to work.
They asked him many times not to do that, but to no avail.

That does not sound like a house to me. Sounds like some odd
arrangement.

He who controls the T-stat, wins.

When I first got out of college we sublet the bottom floor of an old
house from the people living upstairs. They were paying the heat
bills but the t'stat was downstairs in our apartment. They didn't
like the heating bills but it was on *old* house.