Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Have you looked ...

"Snag" wrote in message
news
At the prices they want for prefab shower stalls ?? Prefab bases start at
around 600 bucks , surrounds 300 bucks and up . Looks like I'm going to be
building a tile shower ... materials should run around $275-$325 and labor
will be ...me . Sure glad I said yes when a former employer asked if I
wanted to work with the tile guy !
--
Snag

---
protection is active.

You've already had a bunch of advice, here is my take--I had a tile shower
and it became a constant pain to keep the grout clean, repeated repairs with
the grout especially along the inside corners and along the pan level. Then
along came the time (7-8 yrs ago) when the shower was torn out during a
bathroom rebuild--I ended up with a Sterling glass corner shower (a base,
two walls and the door). I don't remember the cost but it's worth every
penny--just about non-existent maintenance (nothing to repair), easy to keep
clean, cosmetically looks great. Think again, amortize the cost over the
next few years and today's cost will not seem too high a price--especially
five years from now when you're working away cleaning, scraping and
replacing grout . And after all that work you still can't it to look like
new any more (and the wife is the first one to let you know).
MLD