Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Have you looked ...

On 12/14/2013 1:51 PM, Snag wrote:
At the prices they want for prefab shower stalls ?? Prefab bases start at
around 600 bucks , surrounds 300 bucks and up . Looks like I'm going to be
building a tile shower ... materials should run around $275-$325 and labor
will be ...me . Sure glad I said yes when a former employer asked if I
wanted to work with the tile guy !

The bases are expensive, but that is what I'm using. My reasoning is
I'll appreciate it in 5 or 15 years if it does not leak like grouted
tile has the potential to do. I have a Swanstone base and will tile the
walls.

Sink will also be Swanstone on a cherry vanity, Kohler faucets and
toilet. Shower door will be 3/8" plate glass.