Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Nevada snow family found

Winston_Smith wrote:

I think bowman has made his choice and I agree with smaller more
useful knives. The biggest ugliest one I carry is the air-force
survival version of the Kbar. Smaller blade. It's the least used of my
edged tools.

That actually has a 1/2" shorter blade than the BK2 but the blade pattern
makes it look more aggressive. I mostly use the BK2 for trail grooming. If a
pine falls across the trail, the branches make it difficult to crawl over
the trunk so I lop them off. I did whittle my way through a tree about 3" in
diameter to remove it entirely. It can be done, but a hatchet would be
better. For most tasks, it's a pain in the ass.

The good news is you can baton with it. I don't know if it was Bear Gryllis
or some other TV survivalist that made that popular but it seems to be the
ultimate test of a knife these days.