Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Have you looked ...

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 12:51:55 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

At the prices they want for prefab shower stalls ?? Prefab bases start at
around 600 bucks , surrounds 300 bucks and up . Looks like I'm going to be
building a tile shower ... materials should run around $275-$325 and labor
will be ...me . Sure glad I said yes when a former employer asked if I
wanted to work with the tile guy !

Have a look at this:

" ready-to-use elastomeric waterproofing membrane for both commercial
and residential tile and stone application. Suited for interior and
exterior substrates, RedGardŽ creates a continuous waterproofing
barrier with outstanding adhesion and reduces crack transmission in
tile and stone floors. It bonds directly to clean metal drains, PVC,
stainless steel and ABS drain assemblies and can be used as a
slab-on-grade moisture vapor barrier under all types of floor
coverings."

http://www.custombuildingproducts.com/products/surface-preparation/membranes-underlayments/redgard.aspx

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG5GIqcYkSs#t=24