Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A question on ethics.

I've done a lot of mess cleanups like the time an area manager for a
supermarket that he decided to have someone else install a backup
generator for his store. He told me that the other contractor had given
him a much lower price to install the used generator. I later got a call
from the manager asking me if I would get his new generator running. I
asked why he was calling me? I thought someone else had installed the
genset? The guy who installed it told the manager that he just installed
them, he didn't fix them. My price had included repairing any problem
with the used equipment. I charged the same amount of money to repair
the installation that I would have charged to start with. ^_^

TDD

Plenty of people out there haven't figure out that the
pinch a penny "a la carte" thing is more expensive in
the long run. I've got a few cases like that.

--
..
Christopher A. Young