Posted to alt.home.repair
Answer Man Answer Man is offline

Default A question on ethics.

On 12/14/2013 10:52 AM, SMS wrote:

Actually you're completely wrong.

Not completely!

There are two real reasons companies like rebates:

You have listed additional reasons.

1. Only 47% of rebates are applied for so the manufacturer can advertise what appears to be a lower cost but only
cost-sensitive consumers will bother to submit the rebate.

2. Once the UPC code is removed the product is non-returnable. This is a very big issue on technology products where the
return is often done because the consumer won't make an attempt to figure out how to use the product properly.

For end-of-life products they'll simply put them on sale to clear them out and not do rebate deals.

OK, according to your theory, M$ would offer a rebate on Xbox One to keep me from returning it.

Yet I can't find a single Xbox __One__ rebate on the ___console___. Maybe next year when sales falls off?