Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A question on ethics.

On 12/13/2013 11:17 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Me and my late friend GB often repaired HVAC systems for people with
little money and didn't charge them a lot and when we did it for an
old fellow who lived a few blocks from GB, the old man's family called
us to
repair their equipment and paid us full price because they appreciated
the way we helped their family member who had a limited income. ^_^

TDD

Good deal.

When asked how much do I owe you?

Um, what's for lunch?

Some things you do, just because.

I spent most of May in the hospital and my first visitor was the
minister from a small Baptist church my friend LM attends. I don't
share their faith but I donated time and material to help LM repair
the church's AC units that metal thieves had damaged. I did it because
they're good, nice people and they help a lot of folks too. I've done a
lot of work for small churches even though I don't practice their faith.
The mega-churches can kiss my ass because the people running those
places are often arrogant, judgmental jerks. ^_^

TDD