Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A question on ethics.

On 12/13/2013 7:10 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/13/2013 05:56 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

"philo " wrote in message

I was in the industrial battery business for 38 years...the large
ones found in fork lift trucks. Two years ago my knees went and
had to get them replaced. I am glad to be retired now.

I have lugged some of those bad boys around. I would not think of
trying that, now. Well, not by myself.

The batteries I worked with were usually in the 500 - 4000 pound
range so were not liftable by hand...but we did have to install
plenty of VRLA and it can be a lot of physical work.

I did see my boss once muscle one of those 500# batteries onto a
pallet.

He did stuff like that for a while but later needed to get back
surgery.

There was a time, long ago, when I could pick up a car engine. O_o

TDD