Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On 12/13/2013 5:15 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 12/13/2013 4:49 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/13/2013 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 12/13/2013 12:31 PM, Bill wrote:
Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!

I will have to say he was pretty foolish and that was simply going to
happen sooner or later.

I'm confused, their practice is to leave it in gear and the last
person that used it left it in gear.

I think the original post had a typo. His practice was to leave it out
of gear.

I think so too. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Leaving it
out of gear and not setting the break compounds the likelihood of an
accident happening at any moment with out the motor running.

I frequently leave my car with a standard transmission out of gear in my
garage. My garage is small and it is tight around the car. By leaving
it out of gear, if I want in the trunk I can push the car a little ahead
to make more room behind the car. If I am doing something in the front
of the garage I can push it back.

If I get up in the morning and the car will not start, I push it out of
the garage, jump in before it is going to fast, and as it is rolling
back into the street, you can pop the clutch and start the motor.

I will let someone else explain "popping the clutch"

Popping the clutch, who would not know what that is. But still do you
leave yur vehicle outside in neutral?