Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT(?) Sheared lug nut stud

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:18:34 -0800, wrote:

SNIP a bunch of stuff
Larry,
I think you are way off saying a car at 100,000 miles is worn out and
will need to have money sholveled at it.

You know, I may well be. I haven't been nearly as involved in the
industry since buying my first new vehicle, and I know from the Tundra
that things have become a metric ****load better since that time. It's
time for me to reevaluate. Thanks for the nudge.

I gave away recently my
Dodge Colt (really a Mitsubishi car) with 273,000 miles on it. It

Obviously Mitsubishi engineering. Poor Dodge owners! Look at the
Consumer Reports for all cars and you'll see GM and Dodge with the
lowest 10% approval ratings. That's a lotta miles, Eric.

still runs great, gets great mileage, has good oil pressure and
compression. The only repairs it needed before I gave it away were the
timing belt, water pump, and camshaft seal. The only repairs I had to
do to the car since I bought it new were brakes, ball joints, some
rubber suspension bushings, and a distributer, and the three items
noted above. My Toyota truck with the V6 I bought used with 120,000

Yeah, Toyotas have a much longer life. Hondas, too, but if your Honda
ever eats ANYTHING, sell it right away. They fall apart all at once
from every vehicle I've seen. Great until they fall, then they just
self-destruct.

This Tundra may well be my last vehicle. Well, until they get air
cars and helicopters without licensing. giggle

--
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.