Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob(but not THAT Bob) Bob(but not THAT Bob) is offline

Default A question on ethics.

wrote:

On Friday, December 13, 2013 7:44:23 AM UTC-8, badgolferman wrote:
wrote:

My client asked me to pick-out, purchase and install an appliance for

him. It turned out that the appliance that I picked had a rebate

coupon. I filled out the coupon and mailed it and received the

money. How much of the money should I give to my client?

The mere fact that you post this question shows your conscience is

bothered. Do the right thing.

Thank you, I will, but I don’t believe in a “conscience” but I always try my best to do what is fair.

Rebates typically take 6-8 weeks to receive. But not everybody knows
that.

So what is your client going to think of you showing up with $$ so long
after the deal?

Will he be thrilled, or... suspicious?